You should also read the General Guinness Record Guidelines.
- This is a solo event, for stamp licking in a time of 5 minutes.
- The stamps must be in the top right hand corner of the envelopes so that they could be cancelled by the
normal machine impression.
- Torn stamps are acceptable provided more than half is affixed in the appropriate position.
- Stamps can be torn from sheets before the event so you are actually holding individual stamps or stripes of
- Stamps at an angle are allowed but NOT UPSIDE DOWN.
- If inadvertently two stamps are put on one envelope, the attempt can still continue, but only one of the two
stamps would count.
- The person attempting the record also has to separate all of the envelopes within the 5 minutes. Any
envelopes which are not separated will not count.
NOTE:Previously, there was a different set of rules. The main difference is that the time period was
changed from 4 to 5 minutes.
Back to the World Record Homepage,
Back to "Members and Records",
Read The Gerneral Guinness Record Guidelines